How Can YOU Make $$ Investing in Raw Land? Well thats the Million Dollar question right!!!??
Check out some of the following tips to make sure you’re investing Smarter NOT Harder!! Check out the bottom of the article for links to properties in each state……..
Investing in raw land can be a lucrative venture, but it comes with its own set of challenges and considerations. Here are some general steps and tips to help you increase your chances of making money investing in raw land:
- Research and Due Diligence:
- * Conduct thorough research on potential areas for investment. Consider factors such as location, zoning regulations, market trends, and future development plans.
- * Verify the property’s title, boundaries, and any potential legal restrictions. This isn’t as hard as it sounds and we have a lot of this information available for you!
- Define Your Investment Goals:
- *Determine your investment objectives. Are you looking for long-term appreciation, development opportunities, or passive income through leasing?
*Are you going to build on the property and re-sell it, or keep it for a long term investment that can just sit and appreciate?
- Budget and Financial Planning:
- *Establish a budget that includes the purchase price, closing costs, and any additional expenses such as property taxes or maintenance. Luckily none of our properties have any additional fees, ONLY the $349-599 document fee and that covers the deed transfer and recording with the county at pay off.
*Consider financing options and evaluate the financial feasibility of the investment. We offer no interest, no credit check financing, so you qualify! We can be flexible on some of the properties so reach out to chat about your options.
- Evaluate Market Trends:
- *Analyze current and future market trends in the area. Look for signs of growth, infrastructure development, or increased demand for land.
*The off grid and homestead movements are growing like crazy so don’t miss out! Find an area that is right for you and invest.
- Understand Zoning and Regulations:
- *Be aware of local zoning regulations and land use restrictions. These factors can impact the potential uses of the land and its future value.
*We have basic zoning information on all of our properties, and to find out about specifics a quick call to the county zoning and planning office will get most other questions answered.
- Get a Good Deal:
- *Check the purchase price and terms of the property and make sure it fits in your long term budget. Be prepared to walk away if the deal doesn’t align with your investment goals. There are plenty of properties and we want you to find the perfect fit.
*Our properties are purposely great deals below typical market value so you’ll have built in equity from the moment you buy! Some properties can be flexible with the terms so make sure to get in touch if you found one you love to see if we can make it YOURS!
- Consider Development Opportunities:
- *Explore potential development opportunities, such as subdividing the land for residential or commercial use (if zoning allows). This may require additional investments and approvals but it’s a great way to use your land to generate income for yourself.
*Create a hobby farm where you can grow crops or raise animals to sell at the local farmers market. It’s a great way to enjoy your spare time and make some extra bucks on the side! When you become an expert you can even offer weekend classes and workshops to the locals!
*If you don’t have time or the desire to farm it yourself, consider leasing out all or part of your land to a nearby farmer that can use the land and give you some monthly income
*If you love hunting, fishing, motorbikes, & 4×4 why not create a place for others that love those things too! You can have a place that makes a bit of money while you are enjoying the things you love.
- Land Improvements:
- *Depending on your goals, consider making strategic improvements to the land, such as clearing, grading, or adding utilities. This alone can add a LOT of value to a property if you ever want to re-sell
*You can use your land for a glamping retreat or have an off grid or rural AirBnB and create an income stream off the land. People want to get out of the city and they can come to YOUR property to escape for the weekend
*There are tons of other ways to make a bit of money from your property…. If its on a busy or convenient road consider advertising boards, storage area for boats, rvs, etc
- Hold or Sell Strategically:
- *Decide whether to hold the land for long-term appreciation or sell it for a profit. Timing can be crucial in real estate investment.
*Keep an eye on the area and strike while the iron is hot! If you get an offer or see the prices increasing decide if you are ready to sell or if you want to hold it longer.
- Diversify Your Portfolio:
- *Consider diversifying your land investments across different locations or types of land to spread risk.
*There are lots of areas that are popular for investors and we have land in multiple states, so get in touch to find out what area might suit your needs the best.
- Legal and Professional Advice:
- *Seek legal advice to ensure compliance with local laws and regulations. For example, if you want to know about hunting laws, a quick call to the sheriff can get those answered for you
*Consult with real estate professionals, such as appraisers and surveyors, to get accurate information about the property. We can help you with the current appraisal, annual property taxes, etc.
Remember that investing in raw land requires careful consideration and research. It’s important to stay informed about the local real estate market and economic conditions to make well-informed decisions. Additionally, seeking the advice of experienced professionals can help you navigate potential pitfalls in land investment.
Luckily we are here to help guide you through the process and answer questions that you might have. If we don’t know the answer we can point you in the right direction to help you with your research.
Land is a great investment and we can’t wait to help you get started building your portfolio! Feel free to call, text or email us with questions about property or the buying process. Its easier than you think to become a landowner!